Posted by Blue Matter on June 21st, 2021.
Don’t miss this informative webinar on Tuesday, July 20 at 11:00 am EDT. Register here.
Psychedelics and other traditionally taboo substances are undergoing a bit of a “renaissance” in central nervous system (CNS) therapeutics. These types of substances have a long and storied history around the world. Now, research into their potential therapeutic benefits is increasing as investors, biopharma companies, and other stakeholders focus more attention on them. In this panel discussion, leading representatives from the investment community, the biopharma industry, and the medical field will discuss what’s happening with the therapeutic use of psychedelics.
The key topics addressed will include:
- Perspectives on the current state of psychedelics research
- Unmet needs in the marketplace
- The biology of psychedelics and why they can be effective in treating some CNS disorders; both in mental health and broader CNS
- The upcoming “next generation” of therapies using psychedelic compounds
- Regulatory considerations
- Potential go to market models for evolving clinical delivery required with psychedelics
- De-stigmatization of psychedelic substances for therapeutic use
The panelists will share their thoughts on the current situation regarding psychedelics. They will also offer perspectives on how the field is likely to evolve in the coming 3-5 years.
- Varun Renjen, M.D., Associate Principal, Blue Matter
- Clara Burtenshaw, Partner, Neo Kuma Ventures
- Celia Morgan, Ph.D., Head of Psychology, Professor of Psychopharmacology, University of Exeter
- Jo Neill, Professor of Psychopharmacology, University of Manchester
- Dr. Gideon Shapiro, Ph.D., Vice President of Discovery, Bright Minds Biosciences