Over the past few years, a “quiet revolution” has been taking place in therapies for diseases affecting the central nervous system (CNS). With less fanfare than one might expect, the science has advanced, new technologies are being deployed in CNS, and investment capital has been fueling the changes.
This paper is Part 1 of a 2-part series. In Part 1, we:
- Describe how we got to the present situation in CNS.
- Outline the key trends that are driving change now.
- Explore recent deal activities that illustrate the trends.
In Part 2, we
- Make some predictions for 2021.
- Highlight the products and companies that should factor heavily in the coming year.