A lot of research has been done on how COVID-19 is changing the interactions between patients and healthcare providers. However, there hasn’t been much effort to explore how biopharma companies will change how they engage with healthcare providers and other customer groups.
Blue Matter talked with senior executives at 16 biopharma companies on this topic, including C-suite executives, as well as commercial and medical leaders. They provided insights on how the pandemic will change:
- Customer needs and preferences regarding engagement with biopharma companies
- Biopharma’s engagement capabilities and customer-facing teams
- Field-force interactions with various customer groups
- Peer-to-peer exchange between healthcare providers
- Biopharma performance metrics
They also offered input on the degree of likely change and how quickly companies might adapt. Also provided is a simple framework to help biopharma companies plan for and manage changes in ways that work for them.