Build Great Portfolios & Companies
Blue Matter spends a lot of time helping pharmaceutical and biotech companies maximize the value of individual products. However, we also help customers optimize their portfolios, and build great organizations that can realize their portfolios’ full potential. After all, there’s no sense in creating all-star strategies that end up hobbled by organizations that aren’t properly designed to carry them out.
To help build great portfolios and companies, we offer custom services that can be grouped into three broad categories:
[accordion title=”Portfolio and Therapeutic Area Strategy” content=”
Companies need to take appropriate risks to grow and become market leaders. The key is to take those risks in a well-informed and disciplined manner, one that provides the greatest likelihood of success. In the end, it’s about making the right investment decisions, whether that involves internal assets or partnering opportunities.
To any strategy engagement it undertakes, Blue Matter brings an in-depth knowledge of the therapy area in question, particularly regarding oncology and various rare diseases. We also bring proven approaches, backed by innovative thinking.
Blue Matter helps clients:
- Assess their external and internal situations (now and for the foreseeable future)
- Articulate the overall vision and goals for the franchise(s) in question
- Identify, assess, and prioritize assets and investment opportunities
- Develop recommendations for moving forward”][accordion title=”Organizational Design and Development” content=”
As companies expand their product portfolios and enter new markets (new segments or geographies), their organizational models often face challenges keeping up with the new demands that are placed on them. When companies aren’t proactive in addressing the organizational changes that new strategies sometimes require, they can end up hurting themselves.
They can miss opportunities and fail to capture the full potential value of their portfolios. Too often, they end up needing a “do over.” Unfortunately, those are expensive, in both time and money.
Blue Matter helps clients avoid the “do over.” We work with clients to:
- Understand the organizational requirements that will result from key strategic decisions
- Develop new organizational models to help ensure success
- Design and build new processes and tools to support the organization
- Outline the skills and capabilities needed, as well as staffing requirements
We do this work using a firm grasp on industry best practices. Blue Matter has a proven track record helping companies enter and grow within the US, the EU, and elsewhere.
“][accordion title=”Organizational Strategy” content=”
Healthcare is becoming increasingly complex. It’s a cliché to say it, but it’s true. Today, many stakeholders and numerous factors can play a role in treatment decisions. There’s also a significantly enhanced focus on value, with myriad forces driving treatment decisions toward the most cost-effective alternatives.
Because of all this, biopharmaceutical companies often must field complex arrays of customer-facing teams. They must address payers, prescribers and other healthcare providers, patients, and others in an integrated, coordinated way. They have to master the use of clinical data, health economics data, and be able to navigate complex reimbursement environments.
For various organizations within a company—such as those involved in marketing, sales, pricing, account management, and related areas—it can be intimidating trying to figure out exactly what they should be doing, how to do it, which tactics to use, and how to measure success. These challenges are especially pronounced in the oncology market and when working in rare diseases.
Blue Matter helps clients—at the functional and corporate levels—develop strategies that create success. We work with clients to:
- Understand the demands of their market environments
- Create business requirements based on those demands
- Design or improve organizational design in the light of business requirements
- Devise programs and tactics to help organizations achieve their missions
- Design and implement communications plans to align stakeholders and ensure proper coordination
- Develop metrics to evaluate performance and measure success”]
Contact Us to learn more.